Friday, March 27, 2009

I fly... so high!


I feel like a free bird with tender wings
Who has all the sky to herself to soar
But doesn't know where to fly and how to do it
She waits for a push and she waits even more

Her flight is very shaky, her heart thuds scary
She looks behind at the cozy world of hers
Tempted by the familiarity of its nook and cranny
The warmth and the safety was quite an Allure

But mom says you have to go out there dear
Dad says its your world altogether to dare
Leave behind all the anxiety and all your fear
Go girl go, conquer the world forget the scare

With all the might I dare the winds and the rain
My wings stretched now to its full length and span
The sight is blurry but I am enjoying all the strain
The path looks easier and simpler when I navigate with a plan

Soon I’ll touch the bouncy clouds so mysterious
Parched atop on trees beautiful melodies I’ll sing
I know my flight would soon be steady and glorious
I’ll succeed with all the world below my wings

4 comments:

Aniket Thakkar said...

You'll surely suceed gurlie... you'll fly when someone becomes the wind beaneath your wings. ;-)

Just wait for it... coz only fools rush in!

Obscure Optimist said...

This reminds me of Jonathan livingston Seagull..... You're lucky coz ur parents are supporting your flight.... Jonathan wasn't that lucky!!!

Good composition!! :)

Aniket Thakkar said...

@ Yam: jonathon Livingston Seagull is one of my all time fav. :-)

Sudip said...

Beautiful...
And the pic is nice too! :)