Friday, June 27, 2008

Life!


This I wrote when I volunteered for a camp...

It was a real humbling experience sharing the life ke funde with them, their take on life. The way how they are happy even after all the adversities being faced by them. They have this urge to make it big no matter what it takes. At the age of 12, these girls are the sole bread winners in the family. Still they take out time to study and pursue their goals. They are just less fortunate but his world is surely theirs to have. I salute their dedication and perseverance.

Nanhi si aankhon me sapne anek

Khushi hai man me aaj inko dekh

Maasoom se dil aaj ufaan par hai

Dilo me khwaaisho ki halchal si hai

(their was a story telling session for the girls. All were given a paper and a pencil and were asked to write down whatever comes to their mind. The inspiration came from the story of Anne Frank. I couldn’t stop myself and this is what I wrote.)

Today, sitting under this humongous tree, lots of thoughts are streaming my mind. My life, my people, ME. Why, whenever we start thinking, its always my… something, not “me” or “I”?

Most of our life is spent thinking about what may happen, what went wrong, what next… but what about NOW, the most important phase of anyone’s life?!

Writing this, I survey my surroundings, people sitting here with excited faces, sheer enthusiasms they have being expressed on a blank sheet of paper. But, NO.. I am not supposed to think about anything or even keep in mind that people are sitting near me. This is what our problem is. We just don’t value ourselves. Then giving time to “our” thoughts becomes s difficult.

I sit here under the tree

Voices fading in my vicinity

Sun shows bright and shines over me

Split second I wish I had wings and wanna flee

Emotions are swelling up in the core of my heart

Is this just a routine or a new ray of THE start

They say I am special and I can do it

But do I know myself even a bit?!

Will I ever be able to serve myself

When the most difficult thing to do is to love yourself....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm...no more a collg girl haa.....:-)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more..I think what u've written is something that needs to be read by everyone, and anyone who is at that point of life where they are so busy with evryone and everything but themselves:)

brilliant writing

p!q said...

Day by day
So far away
All the world
To do the same...

p!q said...

Day by day
So far away
All the world
To do the same...